The Gage School, named after Nathaniel Parker Gage, a DC school administrator, is an historic building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington DC.
The Gage School was built from 1904 to 1905 and served students from LeDroit, Bloomingdale and Eckington neighborhoods for over 70 years. As schools are today it was also a community meeting place and recreation center. It then sat empty and deteriorated for 30 years while changing hands several times until it finally was resurrected in 2007.
In 2007, the first units were sold in Parker Flats Condominium which consisted of three total buildings including the renovated Gage School, and two additional buildings, one part of the original school and an adjacent apartment building.
From the three buildings were constructed 92 units which won an award for Residential Design in 2008.